When ASSURE was established, the team was built around a strong group of universities that had significant experience in safety management through their aerospace, operations, maintenance, and air traffic control education and training programs as well as our FAA test ranges. Much of the work ASSURE has done in this area has focused on providing frameworks and adjustments for unmanned aircraft systems’ differences and operations.
- FAA Awards $2.8 Million in Drone Research Grants to ASSURE’s Five Research Universities
- University of Alabama to lead NOAA institute to advance water and flood prediction—will use ASSURE Partner UAH Research Centers for UAS and IT Expertise
- ASSURE Research Partner, UAF, Makes Alaska’s First Large Drone Flight from an International Airport
- ASSURE’s Lead University, Mississippi State and Research Partner Kansas State University Conduct First Responders U.A.S. Triple Challenge
- ASSURE Research Partner, Embry-Riddle, Receives Federal Grant to Improve Drone Safety
- ASSURE Partner, K-State Salina, Led Innovation Competition, Rewards Drone Enthusiasts for Their Innovative Ideas
- Mississippi State’s Raspet Flight Lab, an ASSURE Research Partner, Working with 911 Security to Ensure Safe Drone Use On Campus
ASSURE allows industry and government agencies direct access to the capabilities and expertise of 26 universities and their researchers worldwide. The skills, abilities, and experience housed within ASSURE are critical to the success of our mission and the mission of our many partnering entities. The ASSURE organization is passionate about quality and meaningful research that safely and efficiently brings UAS into the National Airspace. If you see a topic area you would like to know more about please contact us directly for more information.
Related Research Projects